Introduction

This blog needs a new description, but~ah squirrel!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Thing about Social Media

I don't know how many other people operate this way, but I'm only going to "like" a Facebook page if I can see that it's going to give me news feed content that I'm interested in looking at.  (If it's a page that's in the "interests" section in my profile (i.e. it's something I've "liked" in order to show off on my profile what I like, e.g. musicians, movies, etc.), I'll unsubscribe from their posts if I'm not interested in their noise.)

For example, a Facebook page for Twix.  I love the candy bar Twix.  I'm simply not interested in looking at goofy Twix-related Facebook posts--and the sad thing is, I didn't even look at the Twix page when I saw its ad because I've come to expect that kind of content from that kind of page.

Not everything needs a Facebook page.  You can probably expect that people who "like" the Twix page are people who are diehard fans of Twix already-- do they really need to be marketed to?

No comments:

Post a Comment